Monday, November 28, 2011

The big zero-ONE

Some quiet contemplation outside before the the festivities begin.
It's my birthday: I can squeeze in a nap (or two).
By afternoon, Mom has realized how cool it is, so I have been dressed properly to enjoy the rocks and neighbors' pets.
Birthday meal: pork loin and cauliflower.  Mom's favorite is my favorite. Hey, wait a minute...
The Bassetts all very intent on getting that single candle lit.
Phew! What a relief that got done, and we can all relax enough to smile.
After a slight hesitation, I decided Mom and Dad were not going to yank the cupcake, so I dug in.
Bleary-eye birthday girl, still enjoying the festivities. 
The blue bunny and Aunt Tami make for a cozy snuggle.
Now that I am one, I can pick out my own acorns.
Carefully inspecting each bulb for quality and clarity.
Practice makes perfect - on the second go around, I am ready to enjoy this rare opportunity!
Then, 4 days after I turn 1, I have a new cousin: Luke!!
From all counts, 1 looks like it will be a good year.

1 comment:

Opa said...

Happy birthday Naomi.
Can't wait to see you again. You are so cute. Every time I think you must have peaked, but then later: cuter still. Excelsior!