Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I came home from a full day of work to these wonderful sights:
Phil grilled prime rib and served it over arugula with roasted red peppers, parmesan, and a homemade Giada dressing.  Saturday I woke up to breakfast on the table, and a pleasant, relaxing rest of the day.
Sunday, we rushed home (as much as possible) to get lunch prepared before losing Naomi to a nap.  Apparently, we didn't have to worry today: she climbed onto the couch with her purse and the 2011/Year of Naomi photo book. 
 After a walk to see the donkey, bull, and horses - snack in stroller - Naomi needed a bath. 
But, she first rinsed off in the hose, and then was transported to the bath.
A little more of the hose excitement.  This girl is not hard to please!
Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mother and Moesa too. Also, Happy Mother's Day to a loving Mother-in-Law and 2 Grandmothers-in-Law. I'm so thankful for a rich heritage of Christian women in my life.  And for a husband and daughter who spoiled me all weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a special Mother's Day weekend complete with yummy food and loving attention from some of your greatest fans! Naomi is such a delightful little girl. Love the hose video!

We are so blessed to have you in our family!

Love
Mom/Nana

Grandma said...

Happy to hear to hear you had a great Mother's Day too and that you were pampered all weekend.The weather was so lovely here that we were outside from 11:30-9:15.

Brave girl to put the hose over her head.

Anonymous said...

We've watched that video countless times. What does she say at the beginning? Water maybe?

Nana/Mom

Opa said...

I think she said clearly:
"I get wet."
Amazing, what a girl!

Anonymous said...

I think you might be right "Opa"! How many times have you watched this?!!! I've easily watched it at least 50 times. PRECIOUS!

DB/Nana