Monday, December 3, 2012

NOT the average day for the Bassetts

 The day started off with a trip to the Fort Worth Zoo with friends (which probably goes without saying as I wouldn't have popped to the zoo myself).
This is minutes before Naomi was scared by the huge gorilla banging on the window in his enclosure followed immediately by shrieking children all around. Did I say scared? I meant terrified and petrified.
 The, we spent the rest of the time seeking to ensure Naomi would not have jaded view of the zoo.  Success! As we were leaving, she already was requesting the zoo again. Hudson helped tremendously.
 I LOVE when the smiling and cooing stage begins.  There is nothing sweeter after sleepless nights.  Of course, sleeping through the night is super-sweet as well.

 Then, after abbreviated naps, I took the munchkins to Holly Colley Holiday which is how Colleyville rings in the Christmas season.
 There were pony rides, crafts, a petting zoo, games, and carriage rides. Naomi would not bounce or really even decorate the cookie (pictures can deceive).  We did meet up with Naomi's dear friend, Hannah, and that made the experience more special.
Bassetts Three.
 Watching for Santa to "come to town" and officially light the Christmas tree (with LED lights!!!).
I look forward to next year when Naomi may want to throw rings around the reindeer antlers or actually ride a little sweet pony. In the meantime, I didn't mind having to eat the cookie for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day in spite of the gorilla scare! I love the reindeer antlers! Hope she can wear them at Christmas!

Leslie said...

Hooray for Holly Colley! We had a blast- and I ate Hannah's cookie too :)