Thursday, April 11, 2013

My daughter circa 2013

(From a draft I started 3 years ago). I could not love her more. Some days - or some moments in the day - she does make me a little crazy, and I wonder, "Who is this child?!"

One Sunday in March (2013) after her nap, she requested (as usual) a snack. Specifically, "Tea, cake, M&Ms, raisins, and popcorn. OkAY, Mom?" I go to the kitchen to boil water. Just in case I've forgotten, she pokes her head around the corner, "Popcorn, Momma,"
Naomi giving me an allotment out of her HUGE bowl: six pieces in a cupcake holder. 

Today I came across a letter Mom to Moesa (my grandma) that explained a lot. I was five at the time. "I just gave Christine a little spanking. I heard her go into the living room and say to Job [my dad], "Why did you ever marry that woman?"" Maybe that explains it all...
 
  Excerpt from a Longfellow poem that further explains my sentiments:
THERE was a little girl,
And she had a little curl
  Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good
She was very, very good,        
  And when she was bad she was horrid.
I love love love this girl.
Kindergarten app submitted. Tests completed. All that remains is a parent interview. I'll miss having her all to myself come fall. Providing Phil and I pass our part of the process.  

No comments: