Friday, March 28, 2014

A quick day trip to Austin (plus a little before/a little after)

Leif is pointing now while reading books. He and Grandma are taking about Jane Austin. 
Leif and Naomi stretching their legs after being great little travelers. 
A little refreshment before heading back home.  The pizza was incredible.  Worth the eight hours of traveling! 
Two of my sweethearts. 
Back at home, another one of my sweethearts. 
Enjoying some rain only to discover...
...A double rainbow! Even though you can really just see one. Trust me, there was a second.
Although it wasn't quite cold enough, we pretended it was and had our first fire in the "new" house (almost a year old for us). The kids loved it,  but I think I did most of all. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naomi is growing up so fast! What a precious picture of Mom and daughter. Love the braids! Did she leave them in for a while? How fun to take a side trip to Austin with Grandma! Time with the grandkids is always such a fun adventure. Beauty and the Beast was obviously a big hit. Love to see how Leif's personality is coming out! They make quite a two-some!

Love from Nana and Papaw

Joel said...

This is my third time coming over to your blog to see a little window into your family life, so I decided it was about time to comment. :)

Leif is already showing literary signs, and good taste at that. I just love seeing R in these photos. It has been so long since I saw her and J. And the fire is about as lovely as home comes. Thanks so much for sharing. It really is beautiful to have these windows.