Saturday, February 7, 2015

Christkindl Market, Alrington

Feeling nostalgic about the Christkindl Market we went to when living in Indonesia, I decided to take the kids and check it out. In spite of Phil's absence.  In spite of the cold drizzle. And in spite of forgetting my jacket. We went!
 Quick stop at CCA to say "Hey Daddy!" and watch some soccer practice.
Leif let me borrow his blanket, well, until he noticed I had it on. Which was about the time that it took me to take the picture.  Then he reclaimed it. Sadly.
 Fresh kettle corn and unlimited hot cocoa.  We were all ecstatic.  
Especially me who had to suffer a bit and hold the hot chocolate until it was a kid-acceptable "warm chocolate." Taking one for the team.
What to eat at a German festival, you ask? Corn dogs, of course! One corn dog actually, and one corn brat.  Quite tasty (despite Leif's face).
We came home to Phil having made a delicious meal.  This was double awesome since I was still thawing from all the time in the cold sans jacket.
Roast beast! Or the human equivalent.
So, we gave the kids wooden weapons from the Markt, the Compleat Knight to be exact. It must have been all the hot cocoa because it seemed like a good idea there, seeing it in the kids' hands made me a little nervous.  Next year: shields!!

The little pre-Christmas Christmas was a big hit with the kids. And we enjoyed our first family of four (or three, or even two) celebration before the Christmas rounds began with the extended family.

No comments: