Monday, February 23, 2015

Long weekend

Party weekend. Here are some pics from the 2nd party we went to at the same house this weekend.  The kids were excited to come as a princess and knight to their dear friend's house. Hannah is half way to 10!
(Note Leif with the excalibur!)
  
Laying in bed Friday night, unable to sleep after surging through Divergent (years after everyone else who was interested read it already), I heard three gunshots which made me feel like I was experiencing Divergent more realistically. 

Glad to see it was just someone emphasizing the D in our DIP sign.  
Phil had what turned out to be his last soccer game for the season Saturday night. The kids and I took the opportunity to go to the part before temps plummeted overnight.
Sunday night: working on a little block project. 
   
Phil and I were both off from work (school jobs are great for that!).  Naomi rushed into our room this morning and said, "There's SNOW! Come and see, come and see. It's so beautiful. It makes my eyes sprinkle with joy!"
The outside playground did not hold them long (maybe 14 minutes, which considering the 20-degree was pretty decent).  On to coloring instead.  
Tonight, Naomi said she had a great day, and in her dreamy voice, "The snow was delightful."
We said goodbye to a good friend, the teapot, in the Bassett house, one that will sorely be missed. 
In happier news, Phil and I have a new theme song. The kids enjoy dancing to it too, and it's a good beat to get cleanup done a little faster, or at least a little more enjoyably.

Note: I do not generally condone the use of "shut up." (For you, Mom).
Phil is off again tomorrow, and UD has a delayed start which doesn't really mean anything for me, working from home.  So, I predict at least another 14 listens to this song on Tuesday.

4 comments:

mom said...

That was a great blog, Yoda!
Gunshot thing still a little scary. The kids are so adorable.
Love her little comments. Enjoy this down time.

Grandma said...

And glad to see they have mittens this year.

Christine said...

What Yoda?!

Anonymous said...

I was a bit unnerved at the gunshots at the sign but otherwise just a charming post. Love Leif's helmet! How fun that he wore it inside. I hope the people sitting with them noticed how cute the kids look!

I wish that I would wake up to snow outside so my eyes would sprinkle with joy!

Much love from Nana and Papa/Mom and Dad